Welcome to Southwell Flood Forum
- Are you affected/threatened by flooding in Southwell?
- Do you want to be kept informed of public meetings to discuss follow-up action – within local community and with agencies/authorities? You can sign up using the form below.
- Are you interested in helping to make Southwell and its residents more flood resilient?
- Are you interested in finding out more information about resources available for flood damage reparation and suggested action in the event of a possible recurrence?
“Flood Action Groups are a representative voice for their community and their aim is to work in partnership with the Agencies and Authorities whose work involves flood risk.
– the National Flood Forum (www.nationalfloodforum.org.uk)
Through these ‘grass-root’ groups, communities are able to;
- address their concerns over malfunctioning assets/and other issues
- be constantly in touch with what is intended for their community
- know procedures that are already in place regards routine maintenance
- have a voice as to the future flood risk of their community through consultation.
- Instigate ‘flood watchers’
- Create awareness of flood risk to the wider community
- Prepare to reduce the impact on the community should a flood event occur”
The extensive flooding on Tuesday 23rd July 2013 highlighted the need for a Southwell Flood Forum.
Plans for a Southwell Flood Forum were underway and was effectively launched on 6th August 2013 following a follow-up programme on BBC East Midlands Today news.
Met office – Weather forecast – includes the facility to ‘Report Severe Weather’ feature from your location
Also see other weather websites in Resources
EA Rainfall gauge – Averham gauge 3603, Epperstone gauge 3773
Our Southwell Community Resilience Handbook can be read online here
Or you can download it from here Southwell Community Resilience Handbook
PLEASE NOTE TWO AMENDMENTS
a) The Communications Hub numbers are 07874 780931 and 07874 780932. This Hub will set up by Southwell Town Councillors to co-ordinate action during an emergency, receive calls from residents and liaise with emergency services, responsible authorities and the media
b) This is the updated SFF CR Magazine – road closure map September 2019
Read more about the background here