Welcome to Southwell Flood Forum
- Are you affected/threatened by flooding in Southwell?
- Do you want to be kept informed of public meetings to discuss follow-up action – within local community and with agencies/authorities? You can sign up using the form below.
- Are you interested in helping to make Southwell and its residents more flood resilient?
- Are you interested in finding out more information about resources available for flood damage reparation and suggested action in the event of a possible recurrence?
“Flood Action Groups are a representative voice for their community and their aim is to work in partnership with the Agencies and Authorities whose work involves flood risk.
– the National Flood Forum (www.nationalfloodforum.org.uk)
Through these ‘grass-root’ groups, communities are able to;
- address their concerns over malfunctioning assets/and other issues
- be constantly in touch with what is intended for their community
- know procedures that are already in place regards routine maintenance
- have a voice as to the future flood risk of their community through consultation.
- Instigate ‘flood watchers’
- Create awareness of flood risk to the wider community
- Prepare to reduce the impact on the community should a flood event occur”
The extensive flooding on Tuesday 23rd July 2013 highlighted the need for a Southwell Flood Forum.
Plans for a Southwell Flood Forum were underway and was effectively launched on 6th August 2013 following a follow-up programme on BBC East Midlands Today news.
Met office – Weather forecast – includes the facility to ‘Report Severe Weather’ feature from your location
Also see other weather websites in Resources
Our Community Resilience Handbook – launched on May 15th and delivered to every household in Southwell, received £2,000 from the Postcode Community Trust towards the costs of the production, distribution of this resource, plus some items of equipment for Flood Wardens.
PLEASE NOTE: the telephone numbers listed in this Handbook for the Communications Hub that will be set up in an emergency have changed.
As from 1st May 2019 the numbers are 07874 780931 and 07874 780932
Please amend them in your copy of the Handbook, and/or save them in your phone.